Longarm Quiltign 101 - July 16th, 23rd, & 30th 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
In this class, you'll receive instruction and hands-on practice on the shop's Janome Quilt Maker 20. Your instructor is Cheyenne Ryan, of Chey C Quilts. She'll guide you through each step of longarm quilting from start to finish, offering tons of valuable pro tips.
This class is for you if...
- you own a Janome Quiltmaker (with or without Pro-Stitcher)
- you're interested in longarm quilting
Whether you've completed 20 quilts, OR you've been too intimidated to load your first quilt, this class will answer questions you haven't even thought to ask.
- Prepare and Plan for Longarming a Quilt
- Load and Reload a Quilt on the Longarm
- Baste & Advance a Quilt
- Edge-to-Edge Quilting by Free-motion and Computerized
- Free-Motion Intro
- Tons of tips for getting a professional quality finish and having tons of fun quilting on a longarm
Class Supply List:
Pen & notebook (for taking notes)
Small quilt tops you'd like help brainstorming design ideas for
- On Day 3, bring your completed pieced 18" Quilt Block (pattern & fabric included in your kit, add sashing to block dimensions to bring it to 18" finished top)
Must purchase kit/book from Sandy's Fabrics and Machines